Damascus blades are made by alternating layers of soft malleable wrought iron and hard, temperable steel.
- The steel portion of the blade gives it strength and the ability to hold a fine edge, while the iron provides elasticity so it won't break or chip.
- The layering pattern revealed by etching the surface has been refined over centuries into an art form.
- These are knives you will treasure for their appearance as well as for their cutting performance.
- 67 layers of forged Japanese Steel. Moisture and stain resistant handles are made from environmentally friendly bamboo.
- Set includes: 8'' Chef's Knife, 8'' Serrated Bread Knife, 8'' Carving Knife, 3.5'' Paring Knife and a Bamboo Block for storage.
- Block design is sleek so it takes less counter space and allows you to see which knife you are grabbing for increased efficiency.